Search This Blog



Rope necklaces out of old head band and polymer clay gemstone

It's been a very long time...again! Since I managed to find some free time over the past couple of weeks I decided to spend it on crafting of course :-)

This head band has seen more than a few summers and I don't really wear it anymore:

So I decided to make a rope necklace out of it and finally I ended up making two of them:

All I used was rope, needle and thread, reused clasps and chain and polymer clay for the gemstone.

I think I am ready now for my summer/autumn holidays!


Flying Spaghetti Monster Top Ornament Tutorial

May his noodly appendages touch you this holidays seasson!

Hello! I know I haven't posted anything for a very long time and I probably won't do so for a while after this post. However I couldn't resist sharing this idea. The winter solstice celebration time is near and this usually involves decorating a tree. This year instead of a star or an angel as the top ornament I thought of trying something different: a SFM (  Flying Spaghetti Monster) ornament. For those who don't know what it is: Flying Spaghetti Monster

For the meatballs and the pasta I used polymer clay. Terracotta for the meatballs and beige+translucent white for the pasta.

 I used some aluminum foil to give the meatballs some texture. I also used a couple of shiny eye shadows to give it a festive glow.

 Created a large spaghetti...

 ...the antennas

 After pre-baking the meatballs for 5 minutes I wrapped the spaghetti around them

 This is how it looked liked after I baked it for another 15 minutes.

I used acrylic paint for the eyes and some glitter as well.

 For the base I used one of these cardboard egg box cones

 After I cut it out I painted it in egg shell color and purred  white glitter over it before the paint got dry

 Glued it with hot glue...

Here is his Noodliness on the top of our tree!


Family-Handmade Christmas Calender

 There is no better way to keep your 2.5 years old kids busy and creative on a late November afternoon than crafting their own Christmas calender with them!

They started with painting on colorful sheets of craft carton. They also used recycled carton I cut out of packages.  They used water colors and markers:

 There was the classic fight over the red marker of course, which in the end nobody really used...

 And I had to do some work too, like cutting the cartons and drawing the numbers (yes, our printer is broken...). And of course somebody had to cut the numbers out.. Sweetheart, remember this is family business  :-P 

Then I shaped the cartons into cones and stapled the  two ends together. The numbers were also stapled on the carton cones.

Tight or staple some string or ribbon on them:

 And stick them on the wall with blue tack:

 You can also decorate a window with these or put them as ornaments on the Christmas tree! Ours wouldn't be much safe there so I put them on the kitchen wall where they are out of reach for the moment!
I guess we have to fill them with some goodies now :-)